Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Letter To His Son

Dad sent the following email to Eric in March of last year. I know that my brother holds the memories that they made together during that trip as close to ones heart as you could possibly get. Dad was so proud of him. Whenever he talked about that week you could hear the smile in his voice and feel the joy in his heart.

Eric,

Thanks again for a fantastic vacation in Maui. I truly had a blast and really enjoyed our special time together. I hope we get to do it again sometime.

I also want to tell you how proud and honored I felt all week long, as one person after another came up to me and told me what an outstanding leader, co-worker, employee and friend you are. You are more than just successful; you are admired, trusted, respected and loved. All of us should be that lucky. But it isn’t luck that gained you the admiration and respect of your peers. They say that a true leader makes a difference in the every day lives of people around them. More than one or two people in your organization pulled me aside last week to tell me what a difference you make in their life and how much you have helped them be successful. I can’t begin to tell you how much pride I felt and how happy it made me to hear this from so many people. It was some of best moments I’ve had as a parent.

Eric, you are a very gifted and extremely intelligent young man and I truly believe that you have an unlimited potential. I have no doubt in my mind that you will continue to be very successful as you journey down any road that life takes you. Congratulations to you and everyone on your team on a fantastic year in sales for 2007. I wish you the very best in 2008!

Love always,
DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment