Saturday, January 10, 2009

The most important man in my life


As many of you may know, my father passed away on December 8th. He was without a doubt the most important man in my life. I am completely lost without him. I still cannot begin to wrap my head around the loss of someone that was the other half of my heart. I wrote the following poem and read it at his funeral.

“I have often wondered if there were angels here on earth....
A heavenly creature sent from God above to show you his wisdom, and grant you unconditional love .
Is there such a thing as a special person created just for you with a love that will never fade away?
An angelic being sent from God himself to save you from the world and to help you lead the way.
You will never notice their wings tucked so neatly under their shirt, but somehow when life hits you hard they are always there to help heal your hurt.
An angel knows your biggest fears but can still share your most precious dreams.
You can come to them with all of your questions about life and love and they somehow seem to know what it all means.
One of Gods chosen will never reveal themselves to you; they will simply smile as they sit back and watch all of your dreams come true.
Most people will never know that they have this miracle sent from God.
To them it is just a fairy tale or a dream that will never come true.
But I am one of the lucky ones because I have already figured out that God sent me my guardian angel, he sent me you."

No comments:

Post a Comment