Friday, January 23, 2009

One Day At A Time


"One day at a time", that is what I keep telling myself. But sometimes just trying to get through that one moment feels like a lifetime. I cant seem to wrap my head around the concept that my dad passed away. It still to this day does not feel real. Its more like this nightmare that I cannot wake up from. This is the longest I have ever gone without talking to my dad. I cant begin to put into words just how much he meant to me. Words no longer come easy and when someone asks me "How are you doing".... I dont even know how to respond. How do you say to someone that half of your heart was recently taken away and breathing is all you can manage to do sometimes. I miss him so much. I miss him when I am sad, I miss him when I am lonely, but most of all I miss him when I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment